What is TED-ED Club?
- A program that supports students in discovering, developing and sharing their ideas in the forms of TED- style talks.
- A space for students to explore, think critically and discuss ideas.
- A 13 – session training that supports students in developing presentation literacy skills and connect them to a global community.
- The TED-Ed Clubs program supports students in discovering, exploring and presenting their big ideas in the form of short, TED-style talks.
- In TED-Ed Clubs, students work together to discuss and celebrate creative ideas. Club leaders receive TED-Ed’s flexible Clubs curriculum to guide their school’s club and to help inspire tomorrow’s TED speakers and leaders.
- Explorations in brief:
- For the first three meetings, students watch TED Talks, discuss them and begin to think: what idea most captures my imagination?
- From there, students learn how to frame their idea and present it in a TED-style talk.
- In meeting 11, students give their talks in front of the club and, in the next meeting, work on editing their video.
- As a final step, these talks are uploaded to the TED-Ed YouTube channel — some may even be featured on the TED-Ed website.
Reason for introducing TED ED Club in Eklavya Public School
We at Eklavya Public School try our best to enrich students’ English language learning knowledge and apart from the curriculum, now the students will be taking part in globally recognized platforms. We are thrilled to be a part of this esteemed fraternity across India, where selected schools have the privilege of hosting the TED-ED Club.